Monday, April 15, 2013

Picking Up the Pieces..

Our tiny little school has been through so much over the past few years and we were hit with another tragedy this weekend. A good friend of mine, Joe Spencer, made the mistake of choosing to end his life last Friday and leave us all behind in his wake.
The Oakland High School has been in shambles since then. We are all confused on so many different levels. Our tight knit community just shut down on the spot.
Losing Joe has changed things for a lot of people, we lost a friend, brother, son, cousin, student, team mate. I can't even comprehend the pain felt by his family at this time. The best I can do is empathize and pray for them to get through this hard time.
The reality definitely hasn't set in and probably will take months to get the full affect of everything. Now I just get the chills thinking about it and catch myself refusing to believe the truth of the situation. I keep pushing it under the rug and telling myself lies to keep the tears away. I need to face the cold hard truth. Emotional breakdown or not, lying to myself is getting me no where.
I would like everyone to know that if you need someone to hug, cry with, or talk to, I am always here. You can always come to me. I need you just as much as you need me. I love all of you <3

No comments:

Post a Comment